Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spencer's Memorial and Graveside Service


Dear Friends and Family,
We have had the beautiful experience of meeting Spencer and spending many precious hours with him. He is the tiniest and sweetest little baby. Thursday we said goodbye (just for a short mortal time) to his sweet little body. We know his Spirit will be near and we're grateful he is such a strong and noble spirit who has gone ahead to serve a great mission for our Father in Heaven. We find comfort knowing Spencer and his sister Chambry are together and among the company of loving family members. Thank you so much for all your love and prayers and gifts and flowers. The Lord has been tenderly merciful these past few days. We feel extremely blessed.
Much Love,
Jordan

16 comments:

SueAnn said...

I hope that you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you! We will be unable to attend the graveside but will be there in spirit. Love Dabells

Kirsten said...

I am sorry that I only read this late this evening - unfortunately we will not be able to attend due to poor timing on our part - but please know that our thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family over the last few days and will continue to be with you. I will keep in touch and if you are up to it, will come by and visit for a while soon. All our love, the Kirsten and family.

Boyd Fam said...

You and Mike are amazing! Sadly, we are also not going to be able to attend the memorial, but know that you have been in our prayers. We love you! The Boyd family.

Jamie said...

Jordan

I have been thinking about you all week. I hope that you are getting the support that you need. Once your family leaves I would love to bring you dinner!

Jamie

Melissa said...

Jordan-
I am so glad you got to spend time with Spencer. You are an amazing woman. I wish we could be there, but know we are thinking of you and your wonderful family! We love you guys!!

Laisa said...

Jordan, I am so glad that you got to spend a few hours with Spencer....I'm sure he felt sooo much love from you & Mike. I feel so bad that I didn't read this last night, cos I'm sure I would've been able to be there - I'm sorry. We love you guys.....let me watch the boys some time while you recover. Our prayers are with you.

Carrie and Jeff said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. What a blessing to get to spend some time with Spencer. I hope the memorial service was beautiful.

Meechelee said...

Jordan,
I am so sorry I am not there. I cried the other night thinking about you and what you were going through. I cry now as I type and wish I could be there to hug you and share in your grieving. Your faith and your peace are so wonderful and amazing.
Spencer is such a wonderful name. I pray his memorial and graveside service with bring you comfort.
((hugs))Michele

The Stimpson Family said...

Jordan and Mike -
I wish I lived closer so that I could be out there today. I have thought about you all week and have said many prayers. I am so glad to hear that you had a little bit of time with Spencer. How special for you and your family. I am thankful we got to talk the other night. Thank you for your example and strength. May you have peace now and in the future.

Clarke and Kamie said...

Jordan,
the memorial service was beautiful. I loved seeing all the pictures and molds--I know that Spencer knows how much you love him.
let me know if you need anything.

The Wettstein Family said...

I've been thinking about you all day wishing I could be there with you. Beth filled me in on the service, and she said there were so many beautiful imprints and molds of Spencer's hands and feet. I hope to see them someday. Beth and I agree that all of us cousins need to get together more often. I'm moving to Utah in a couple weeks, so I hope I'll get to see you and your family a lot in the future. Spencer is very blessed to have you as a mamma. We love you!

Melannie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine losing a child. I know heavenly father sends angels to watch over and comfort us during difficult times.

Bubbles said...

We have included you and your family in our daily prayers. Our thoughts have truly been with you the past month. I have told many people your story and they have been inspired and uplifted by your faith.

Anonymous said...

Jordan & Michael,

I am sure you got my email, however I still want you to know that I still think of you often and pray for you and your family. I wish I had been at the service.

Amy said...

Jordan, you and your family are so incredible. Thank you for sharing such personal and treasured memories. My heart is filled with hope and love for you and your family.

Love,
Amy

Garn said...

Jordan and Mike,

I came across your blog through a mutual friend's blog. I looked for this post specifically. We are in a unique club aren't we. Our experience with our son Austin changed our lives. He still impacts us daily. Thanks for sharing your story. FYI, Jodi is expecting again. We are keeping our fingers crossed, and praying like crazy that all goes well. we miss you guys.

Chris