
Dear Friends,
It's been over a week since we laid Spencer's body in it's resting place. We think of him constantly and miss him.

My heart is so full- full of gratitude for the Gospel, to know where we were before we came to earth and where we will return after death, what the Spirits of our loved ones are doing and how much a part of our lives they really are. I'm so grateful for the time we had with Spencer, he became the center of our family as we felt him kick and included him in our family cheer and talked about him and taught our children of life after death. They speak of him often, even Trevan, and they love him. We're so grateful for the sweet "Bereavement Lady", Melanie, who made hand molds of Spencer's and ours together, and for the dozens of pictures she took and how she cherished our son, and gave us such cherished keepsakes. I'm so grateful for my wonderful new doctor, for his patience and faith that I could deliver naturally, and for the amazing 4 nurses who took care of me. Michael and I have been so overwhelmed with the love we've felt from each of you who read this and the many who won't read this. We deeply appreciate all the love and kindness, even the small things, like a little comment on my blog, or an email or a card. We feel so richly blessed to have such dear friends and wonderful family.
Please know that we are doing well. I'm amazed how this experience has enriched my life. In contrast to losing Chambry, this time, we were prepared and we treasured our time with Spencer and it has been sad but a little easier and has truly been life changing in a wonderful way.
Thanks, if you're still reading this, I have two special things to share.

I've always loved the rain and rainstorms and even thunderstorms, even though most people do not. And these two quotes give even more meaning to rainstorms, for me...
1. From my Mother-in-law Vickie "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's learning to dance in the rain."
2. From Sharon Larsen in the book, "All Rain, No Mud,"If there is no rain, there is no growth."
I just want to express how grateful I am for the "rain" in my life, because it helps me grow and God wants us to grow and stretch and learn to be like him. I hope we can all learn to dance in the rain.
Much Love,
Jordan
14 comments:
I LOVE the quotes! One thing I have learned is that Heavenly Father gives us these expereinces because HE knows the people we have the potential of becoming and these trials we are faced with hopefully get us one step closer of being that person! Lots of Love!
Jordan-
It was good to see you last night as well! Thank you for sharing your strength and faith with us. I also enjoyed your comments on rain. It really is important to enjoy the rain and learn from the difficulties we have-thank you for the reminder. Your example is a strength to us all.
That was so beautiful, thank you for sharing your personal thoughts with so many of us. You're an incredible example and a pillar of strength to all of us. It was an honor and privelage to be a part of your special services for Spencer. You're an incredible family. I hope to see you soon.
I love quote # 1! Jordan, you are such an inspiring example of spirituality.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and those wonderful quotes. I need them right now.... I will call you soon.
Love you!
Jordan I am so glad that you have shared your thoughts and feelings about everything going on. I want you to know that your strength and your example have made such an impact on me and I think about you so much. Your family is so amazing and I just love you all.
It sounds like this has been quite the amazing experience for your whole family. I can just not imagine going through that. You are amazing. I am glad that you love rainstorms since you have had more than your fair share. We hope that all is going well.
I love your quotes and comments about the rain...it's so true. I know that without or trials we wouldn't have the opportunities to grow and empathize with others. Thanks you for sharing your strength.
You are amazing!
My mom had a great time visiting you last week. She was really impressed with you and how well you have grown up. It's silly to say that now that we are in and approaching our 30's...but don't you think it's about now that we feel "grown up"
K
Thanks for those beautiful quotes. You are such a wonderful example. Thanks!
We found your blog from Scott and Amandas. We are so sorry to hear about your loss. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your testimony and how strong you have been to overcome the "rain" in yours lifes. Your family has been in our prayers nad we hope that things will continue to start looking up again for you. Thansk for your great example. Check out our blog if you want it is www.thelarsenfam.blogspot.com
Jordan! You are so wonderful! I can't wait to see you and your family soon! We have to get together often!
Jordan Honey ~ that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience and feelings and testimony here on your family site. I still think about your family all the time and am so grateful we are friends and neighbors.
Love you!!!
xoxoxo
love the quotes. beautiful picture. your faith is so amazing. i admire you guys for what you have gone through together. so sorry for your loss but so glad you have so many great memories
Post a Comment