Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thinking of our Beautiful Chambry

Our perfect little daughter would be 8 years old today. We miss her and ache for her but know she is busy doing the Lord's work and has the company of many loved ones around her including
her little brother, Spencer. She is in our hearts today and everyday.


“In my leisure moments I have meditated upon the subject, and asked the question, why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us, especially those that seem to be the most intelligent and interesting. . . . The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. . . . All children are redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and the moment that children leave this world, they are taken to the bosom of Abraham. The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable wicked world.”
Joseph Smith, Teachings, p. 196-197

14 comments:

Maggie said...

Thinking of you! I love that understanding we gain from Joseph Smith. I love our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.

We need to talk more! I miss you and my boys! I think I get to see Michael this week when he's in DC. Looking forward to it!

AdrianneJayne said...

I have definitely been thinking of you and Mike.. and Chambry of course! While I was getting ready this morning I was trying to remember exactly how old she'd be! I remembered correctly-- 8 years old. I can't believe so much time has passed-- it feels so recent.
I'm so grateful for your strength and your ability to uplift everyone around you. Where would we be without the knowledge of the Gospel!? I love you, Sis!

Bremen said...

I agree with Mormon: "But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world." It's no wonder we feel His presence when we are with them.

I hope Chambry is allowed a peek at her wonderful parents today. Thanks for sharing these beautiful words with us.

Jaclyn said...

I'll be thinking of you today on this special day. I still remember what a perfect and beautiful little baby she was. You are such an example of strength to all of us. Thank you for sharing those beautiful words with us today.

Handsfullmom said...

My thoughts are with you today. That quote is beautiful.

Cami said...

Oh, I've been thinking about you this last week. I love this testimony of the Prophet. Thank you for sharing it and sharing your strength with all of us. We love your beautiful family so much.

Denise said...

I miss you!
Thanks for sharing...

The Wettstein Family said...

Oh, I miss you Jordan! We need to get our boys together soon. Thank you for sharing that beautiful message, and reminding us of how blessed we are to have the gospel.

Maria Hauth said...

Thanks for posting that Jordan. You are amazing! Miss being able to see you once in a while. We need to catch up sometime. Love, Maria

Melissa said...

Thank you for that beautiful post and amazing quote! Brings so much happiness to that empty place in my heart!

heidi said...

thanks for this wonderful post. you are often in my thoughts. i am especially grateful for my memories of our friendship. love you very much.

Kristen said...

Hope you can smile.

Adam and Samantha said...

Hey Jordan it was really nice to read this post...it was very touching_Adam

The Stimpson Family said...

I have not done good checking blogs for quite some time, so I just finally read this post. I am so sorry that you do not have your beautiful Chambry here with you. It is interesting to me that after getting married at the same time, we also had our 2nd child pass away. I am grateful to have a friend like you who knows the pain and longing that I feel (even more than I feel having lost 2 precious little ones) and encourages me on with your strength and determination. You are wonderful and I miss you. I wish we could get together sometime. Wanna come visit sunny AZ? We would love the company!
Love you!!