Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thank You

To my wonderful friends, cousins, neighbors:

It's been almost a week since we heard the heartbreaking news and I'm doing okay under the circumstances. I just had to send you all a great big THANK YOU. Many of you have prayed, fasted, sent kind words, cards and flowers. Every little thing has meant so much to me. I usually cry just at your thoughtfulness. Please know we're okay. I find myself crying off and on throughout the day but I'm also able to carry on as a mother and wife. My three living children bring me the greatest joy (and frustration) imaginable. I'm so blessed and have the best husband anyone could ask for. He is hurting very much too and appreciates all your kind words and prayers. I also know and have become more sensitive to this truth that I'm not the only one who is suffering and experiencing grief and pain at the trials of life.

Let me share my favorite scripture.
It brings such comfort to my soul and I pray it will help you through your difficulties:
"My [daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment. And then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." (D&C 121:7-9)

All my Love,
Jordan

10 comments:

Lil' Mel said...

Jordan and Mike,
So good to hear you are hanging in there. We know you are strong and will be OK. We just want you to have only happiness from here on out. I wish we could gift you that. You still manage to uplift others through your grief. The Lord will truly use you for good.
Thanks. God bless you all. Melanie Wilkes

Grandma Mc said...

MIKE AND JORDAN,
YOU GUYS ARE SUCH GREAT EXAMPLES TO ALL OF US. OUR HEARTS ARE HEAVY WITH YOU. YOUR WORDS INSPIRE AND STRENGTHEN THE REST OF US. THERE ARE SO MANY PRAYERS BEING SAID FOR ALL OF US. I TOO HAVE FELT THE LORDS COMFORT. I KNOW THAT HE IS THERE WITH YOU, WHICH BRINGS ME GREAT PEACE WHILE WE ARE FAR AWAY. WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH GIVE ALL MY BOYS A BIG HUG. LOVE YOU MOM MC

SueAnn said...

I love that scripture! What would we do without our knowledge of the gospel, it brings so much comfort and peace. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and catching up with your family. Your boys are getting so big and cute! Tyler reminds me so much of Mike when he was young. I have thought of you and prayed for you often over the past week and want you to know we care. Love SueAnn

AdrianneJayne said...

Jordan, you are amazing! I love you and your family so much! What would we do without Tyler, Cam, and Trev? Let me know how I can help! Anything at all! Love you sis!

See you tomorrow!

~Nikki said...

We love the McClellan Family

How you handle these extremely tender moments is such a strength to those watching and hurting with you. Try to keep your chins up and always look ahead when the present seems sometimes unbearable. So many want to be there to help in any big or small way. You guys are just so lovable! :) You are in our prayers.
xoxoxo
Love, the Bartons

Jaclyn said...

You have been on my mind constantly and I am glad to hear you're hanging in there. I hope we have a chance to see you this weekend. You're an incredible example to all of us and we love you. The scripture you quoted was beautiful and very fitting, thank you for sharing it. You're in our thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder of that beautiful scripture. It was so good to visit with you at the temple the other night.

Tuesdee said...

You guys are amazing. I'm so thankful for the reminder of that scripture as well. It always helps to know that God is there for us.

I also want you to know we have went private with our blog and I would love to invite you to it. I sent and invite to Mike's work email, I think... But, if you will send me your email I will make sure I send an invite.

benandtuesdee@gmail.com

We will continue to keep you in our prayers! All our Love, Ben and Tuesdee

The Wettstein Family said...

Jordan, I feel like such an awful person. I didn't even know what you were going through until a few days ago when I finally got to talk to my mom on the phone. My heart broke for you, and I had to wonder, "Why Jordan who is so faithful and so humble and is the kind of person we sould all aspire to be?" Then the thought came to me that sometimes trials come to good people to teach the rest of us sinners to be more faithful and humble. I know you know the Lord is with you, and He is with you. We love you and support you and pray for you. No one can say anything that will make the pain go away, but I hope you know that you are loved by so many and I have always looked up to you. Much love, Di

The Stimpson Family said...

Jordan and Mike -
I just checked in on your blog to find out your sad, sad news. I am SO sorry for this news and pray that you will be comforted. Today marks the 3rd anniversary of Karleigh's passing. I can not even imagine how painful it must be to know that you will loose another child. Thank you for being such an amazing example to so many. Please know that we are thinking of you guys. I love you!
Tracy Stimpson