Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Sad News

Today brought a day of tears and heartbreak as we learned from our Doctor and our ultrasound that our baby BOY has been diagnosed with anencephaly, a condition where the baby's brain, skull, and scalp have not fully formed. We were devestated to hear that our baby will not survive outside the womb for more than a few hours at most. I'm crying as I write this but I know many of you are wondering about our baby and it's just easier to post this. So, again we prepare to give another child back to Heavenly Father. I don't know how long the baby will survive in the womb or how long I will carry him. In the meantime, I'm loving every kick and movement. He is very alive and we feel his Spirit. Despite, the pain, sorrow and loss we feel, we will enjoy him to the fullest and look forward to the day when we will hold and love and raise our little girl and little boy. Please remember us in your prayers,
Love,
Jordan and Michael

19 comments:

Ben Barclay said...

Michael and Jordan,

We can't tell you how sorry we are to hear about this news. Our hearts break for you and your family. You will be in our prayers and hearts. We love you.

Ben and Tuesdee

Kristen said...

Jordan and Michael,
I am crying right a long with you. I feel terrible that you will have to go through that again.
I wish I could give you a big hug.
Love you
Kristen

Lexie Lantz said...

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news for you and your family. If you need anything let me know... really! We are thinking of you.

Clarke and Kamie said...

we love you jordan!

Heather Marie said...

I'm so sorry Jordan. I didn't even know you were expecting. This must be just so devastating for you, especially now that it's happening twice. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Bubbles said...

HI Jordan, The comment from "heather Marie" is actually from me. I accidentally posted my comment from her site. Sorry.

Jaclyn said...

Jordan & Michael

The words "I'm Sorry" don't even begin to describe the ache in my heart and the emotions we feel for you today. I just read your post and sobbed as I imagined the pain you're experiencing. Having suffered a miscarriage I know just a fraction of the pain you're experiencing and it is more than anyone should have to bare. I read a really beautiful news article on situations such as yours about 2 weeks ago and I though it might be nice for you to read. Here is the link http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695257510,00.html If that link doesn't pull up the story just do a search on www.desnews.com, the title of the article is When a Birth is also a death. Just as you mentioned enjoying every kick and movement it talks about enjoying that little baby you have in you as long as possible. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers. We will be fasting and praying for you this Sunday. We love you.

SueAnn said...

Michael and Jordan,
I cried as I read the email today, my heart hurts for you both. I wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and you are in our prayers. Love SueAnn

Miss Tanya said...

Jordan,
Today at preschool while I read with Cameron at the table I was thinking of you. He gave me a hug at the end of the day, and in some small way I wanted him to take my hug back home and share it with you. Reading your message last night made me ache inside for you and your family. I love you guys and please know I am thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Jordan and Michael.

My heart aches for you both. I wish I could take away your sorrow. I can't. Only the Lord can do that, and I pray that He will be a comfort and a strength to you both as you prepare to give your baby back to Him until you can raise him together later. I am so happy that you are able to enjoy your baby and feel his spirit with you right now. I feel you will feel him with you for the rest of your lives. Please accept my deepest love for your family and of course, if you need anything from me, please ask.

Lise said...

I sat here tapping the keyboard trying to think of what to say and how to express the sadness we feel for you. I guess no real words can express at times like this. I am so proud of you Jordan that you had the courage to write it on your blog to let everyone know. It is a hard thing to bring yourself to do it. You are all in our prayers and we love you!

Boyd Fam said...

Michael & Jordan,

I hope you know how much you are loved. All these people who are hurting with you. My heart breaks when I think about what you must be feeling. Just remember how much our father in heaven loves you. You have been my thoughts, my heart & in my prayers.

Love you!
Missy

Carrie and Jeff said...

I know there are really no words that can make you feel better. But I'm sure knowing that you will get to see and raise your little girl and boy again is comforting. Thanks for posting this so we can know what is happening. Let me know if there is anything I can do. We love you guys!

Amy said...

Dear Jordan,
I have such a great desire to comfort you and say the right words to help you feel some relief. I'm sure countless others feel this same desire. I also know that no words can take it all away. The Lord is the only one who can understand what you and your family are going through at this time.

You are a great inspiration to me. I have felt the strength of your testimony on several occasions, and I know that it will carry you through. The Lord loves you so much! If you need anything, please know I am here. I love you. We pray for you and your family at this difficult time.

Amy Burnham and Family

Dan and Marci said...

I am so sorry for your heartache. How blessed we are to know of our Heavenly Father's plan. I hope you can find a measure of peace through the following months.
Love,
Dan and Marci

Jill Petersen said...

Jordan and Michael,

Please know that Drew and I are at a lose for words but we love you both. We are sorry this is happening. Just remember Heavenly Father doesn't give us anything we can't handle. You will definately be in our prayers.

Jill and Drew Petersen

Di and Justin said...

We just wanted to let you both know that we love you and we are thinking of you. Please call me if you need anything..
Justin and Dianna

Kara said...

Jordan,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I have been thinking of you for the last few days, not knowing exactly what to say. I hope you know our family loves you and would do anything for you and Michael!

Kara

Amy said...

I don't even know how to say all of the many thoughts I've had since Melanie told me the other night. My heart aches and I have prayed so many times for you in these last few days. Not that this will help dry your tears any faster, but a thought that keeps coming into my mind is how grateful I am for the Atonement because our Savior didn't just suffer for our sins but for our pains and heartaches as well. I miss you guys (even though we still go to the same building every Sunday!!!). You are both such strong and wonderful people and I have learned from your example and gained strength in my life from your amazing strength through trials. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.