Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remembering Chambry, our Precious Daughter


This day has come again... 7 years ago, March 16th, was the most bittersweet day of our life.
Sweet because Michael and I welcomed the most beautiful and perfect little daughter into our life. Bitter because she could not stay with us. We soon realized we would have to wait a while
to have her and hold her. It broke our hearts and I've never felt such pain and sadness.
But we were soon comforted from the knowledge the Gospel brings.

We miss her so much and think of her everyday. I like to imagine what she would look like if
she were here on Earth. I know she would be beautiful. But would she be blond or brunette? Would she be quiet and shy like her mom or outgoing like her Dad and brothers? What would her interests be? Would she take to music or dancing or sports? How would she interact with her brothers? It's hard to be patient sometimes. I want to know now...

It gives me much comfort and joy to know Chambry now has the company of her younger brother, Spencer. Ever since he came into our life for a brief moment and then joined his sister, I have felt such peace and comfort knowing they are together and that this must be God's will. It wasn't an accident. I'm meant to raise some children here on Earth at this time and also meant to raise these other precious children during the millennium. What joy my heart will
feel as I raise these children in a world without Satan.

Joseph Smith promised that "after the Resurrection I will have all the joy, satisfaction, and pleasure, and even more than it would have been possible to have in mortality, in seeing my child grow to the full measure of the stature of its spirit."

Even though Chambry would only be 7 years old in mortal years, I understand that her spirit is
a beautiful and mature spirit busy doing the work our Heavenly Father has for her.
I imagine she walks through beautiful gardens, reads treasured books, plays and sings music all day, visits with loved ones, and helps her family here on Earth and helps the work move forward. I'm grateful to know we have her helping us along.


Saturday we visited her grave at the cemetery. It was the most beautiful day, full of sun and the promise of Spring. We brought her pretty pink flowers and a balloon. I reminded the boys that Chambry was not at the cemetery. It is just the place where her mortal body rests.
I told them that her spirit is alive and free and that she is with our Father in Heaven. They know that she is also with us often and we feel Chambry and Spencer in our home many times.

After we cleaned the grave, placed the flowers and took some pictures, the boys found the nearest climbing tree. (Boys will be boys....)

I love my children with all my heart. We have quite a few now...
It's hard to believe I'm the mother of 5. They all bring such joy to my heart.
Michael and I feel so blessed and honored they were given to us by a loving Father in Heaven.
We look forward and anticipate that most perfect day when we will gather all of our children together in our arms.

(all paintings by Sandra Kuck- I just love her work)

23 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

I can't wait to see all of your family together again either. You are such a wonderful person Jordan! Lets get together soon and let our boys be boys together. Thanks so much for the reminder of the big picture. Love you!

Handsfullmom said...

Wow, what a touching tribute to your beautiful daughter Chambry and your son Spencer. Forgive me as I wipe the tears from my eyes. Thank you for sharing this.

Jaclyn said...

That was so beautiful and I really appreciate you sharing some of your personal thoughts with us. I'm so sorry you have had to go through such loss but it does bring comfort to know you will still be with and raise those beautiful babies. You're in incredible person and a wonderful example to all of us who are blessed to know you.

SueAnn said...

I can't believe it was that long ago, it seems like it was just a couple years ago. I remember seeing her at the funeral home, she was very beautiful. It is hard to imagine why things like this happen, some day we will know the answers. I also remember the way to seemed to handle the situation, with such grace and love. What a wonderful example you have been as you have dealt with such heartache. I love you both!

Anonymous said...

We love you and your family Jordan.... your such a wonderful and uplifting person! Thanks for being our neighbor and friends.

Maggie said...

Thanks for sharing this!

I'm think of you today. And I think I need to have another phone date with my boys! I miss you all so much!

Carrie and Jeff said...

What a sweet reminder of eternal families. I truly believe our loved ones who have passed help us here on earth. What a wonderful reunion it will be.

Roz said...

The memories are still razor-sharp and sometimes that painful, too. I know we come to earth to learn lessons, cope and grow -- but I hope we've had enough of these kinds of lessons -- OUCH! It's true, Jordan, you and Michael have set wonderful examples for others who have to cope with loss (or just the challenge of raising children) & I express my gratitude to the Lord for your strength and faith. I look forward to our reunion on the other side when we can hold these little ones again --and see them smile and squirm like little ones do. What incredible joy we will feel!!! Love, Mom

AdrianneJayne said...

Oh Jordan! This is a beautiful message! I remember this day well, and I always will. I've learned many lessons from mike and your experiences together. You have always been and always are a great example! Thinking of you and your family today. I love you guys and am SO grateful for the little ones who fill your home with hugs and constant laughter!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog today and remembering Chambry and your beautiful perspective and testimony. It was very uplifting and inspiring. Your family has been truly blessed spiritually and I can see that your boys will be strong because you are sharing your faith and building theirs. Bless you all.

The Stimpson Family said...

Thanks for sharing this, Jordan. I am sorry that you have to have this pain. I agree that it will be quite the amazing experience when we get to be with our little angel children again some day. What a glorious day that will be. Some days I feel so impatient! But at the same time, I know I have much to do here before I can get to see Karleigh again. I still remember seeing your pictures of Chambry when I came to your townhome. She was a beautiful perfect little girl. Spencer is a perfect little angel too. Thanks again for your good example.

Clarke and Kamie said...

Jordan, I am thinking of you today and I will again in August on Spencer's day. I am so grateful for the chance to be your friend--what a great example you are to me!!! I love you!!!

fewill said...

Jordan,

Wow, thank you for writing an sharing your feelings. What a wonderful perspective you have and share.

The artwork and words are touching.

Thank you.

Luisa said...

I think of you and her often and my love goes out to you guys. You are amazing. Thank you for your Christlike examples of patience and longsuffering.

Amanda said...

We love you guys!

Unknown said...

Jordan,
Thank you so much for your valient strength and testimony! I will never understand why such an angel consented to marry me. Our children are so very blessed to have you as their mother. I just pray that through the Savior’s grace I will be worthy of you in the life to come.
Love,
Michael

Beth said...

Jordan, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I sobbed through reading your tribute. My heart breaks for the heartache you have endured. But I thank you for your perspective, faith, and example. You truly are a noble and great one.

Bubbles said...

I remember this day all too well Jordan. Your entry brought tears to my eyes as I recall the heartbreak of that day. You are such an inspiration to many. I've told your story to many women over the years hoping they can draw strength through your experiences. These sweet spirits are so lucky to have a mother like you.

Eden said...

Jordan--thank you for sharing such a sweet part of yourself and your family. I never knew about your precious daughter--she must be so proud to have you as a mother. I'm so sorry for the pain you have had to endure. You have taught me so much with your words in this post and your example. Thank you for helping me change my perspective.

Grandma Mc said...

MY THOUGHTS HAVE BEEN WITH YOU ALL WEEK. YOU ARE TRULY A GREAT EXAMPLE TO ALL OF US. MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE PARENTS LIKE YOU AND MIKE. LOVE YOU BOTH. JORDAN YOU EXPRESS YOURSELF SO WELL. KEEP ON DANCING.....

heidi said...

you have always been so strong. thank you for your continuing example of faith and hope. adversity seems to be your friend. thank you for showing the rest of us how to deal with it graciously and with strength. dear friend, you have such a glorious future in store.

Lise said...

You are such an example to me. I love to hear you talk about your babies and your strength and faith that you will have them again.

Jamie said...

Jordan, that was so sweet. You are such an amazing person and I am so grateful to have you in my life. It is such a good reminder of how precious our children. Thank you for the reminder of how important the plan is that we will be with our families again. Love you.
Jamie